Black Mold Remediation in Lafayette, IN
Water damage repair and mold remediation are two of our specialties at Paul Davis of Lafayette. When water damage hits your home or business, we’ll do the job right the first time so that you never have to hire another professional.
The Paul Davis Promise
- We respond quickly, day or night, so the damage doesn’t escalate while you wait.
- Licensed professionals have the know-how to safely and proficiently accomplish water cleanup and mold remediation.
- Paul Davis’s one-stop service includes building drying, damage restoration, and antimicrobial measures.
- Specialized equipment and technology identifies the source and quarantines the area, halting its spread.
What is Black Mold?
If you own a home, water damage resulting in black mold is one of your nastiest nightmares. It is a noxious fungus that slips in unnoticed, and then consumes the property. Fungus is everywhere – indoors and out – just waiting for the situation it needs to settle down and reproduce. Microscopic spores can lie dormant almost indefinitely, until they encounter dark, damp areas to stay in. Black mold, or Stachybotrys chartarum, can be lethal, harming the health of both people and pets. It is part of a family of toxin-producing molds, all of which can be just as risky.
Information about Mold
Mold quickly spread across walls, floors and ceilings. Whenever your home experiences water damage, you should have a professional heck the walls for mold infestations. They can go unseen for weeks, and then spring up practically overnight.
Once mold creates colonies in your property, it immediately grows and releases toxins that make life miserable for occcupants:
- Mold releases a pungent, mildewed smell that prevents rooms from smelling clean.
- Mold wreaks havoc on allergy-sensitive people, as well as those with asthma, making symptoms flare up.
- A black mold infestation can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
- Mold toxins can cause chronic inflammation and continuous cold-like symptoms.
- Individuals with weakened immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare cases, mold toxins can cause neurological issues or even death.
- The more lengthy the exposure, the more severe the danger.
Exceptionally humid homes and offices can be vulnerable to mold invasions even if no water damage has occurred. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an expert opinion right away.
To get rid of mold, the environment where it flourishes must first be eliminated. Water sources have to be dealt with, and any remaining moisture must be efficiently dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start.
Whether a leaky roof, burst pipe, or other opening, it isn’t enough to close the tide. Moisture can drench out-of-sight portions of your home. Without proper cleanup methods, mold will keep coming back to these spots.
What We Do
- Our team will examine the area and assess observable and hidden damage caused by water and mold, and what must be done to prevent further damage.
- We quarantine the mold so that it can’t spread to larger areas.
- We use progressive air filtration techniques to eradicate spores from the air.
- We remove mold and any materials that have been infected with it, and then we administer antimicrobial substances to defeat the remaining mold.
- We clean household items, carpeting, furniture and decor that have come into contact with mold. This includes getting rid of that awful, musty odor.
- We restore the area to its pre-damaged state using new drywall, paint, carpet, and other building materials.
While no procedure can guarantee that a home won’t be re-infested with mold, we can make your home or business as inhospitable to mold as possible.
Contact Paul Davis of Lafayette right away. Whether it’s your living space or your business environment that has been compromised, our fast, comprehensive, proficiently trained technicians will handle the consequences of your water and mold damage. We’ll work with you to return things to their pre-damaged state.